VIP Legal Benefits
The Legal Benefits Plan affords you coverage for the following:
- Claims For Reimbursement by an HMO or Insurance
- Claims For Reimbursement by New York State or Federal Regulatory Agencies (Including Medicare and Medicaid).
- Administrative Proceedings and Investigations before the New York State Education Department, Office of Professional Discipline.
- Protection for HIPAA and OSHA complaints and Workers' Compensation administration
- Investigations and proceedings by the OCR (Office of Civil Rights).
- Identity theft
- New York State Sales Tax
- New York State Department of Labor Employee Classification
- Defense of allegations of discrimination before The New York State Division of Human Rights. [new benefit]
- Defense of allegations of discrimination before The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. [new benefit]
- Interactive Online Sexual Harassment Training for LBP members and their staff offered digitally [new benefit]
2022 Application Materials
2022-2023 Early Enrollment Benefits: Re-Enroll Early for These Extra Benefits
- One-hour consultation with Feldman Kieffer LLP on legal matters related to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- Forms including an updated Business Associate Agreement and Notice of Privacy Practices for
HIPAA compliance purposes.
- Updated written sexual harassment policy and training guidelines to comply with NY’s new
mandatory requirements for all employers.
- Access to legal counsel every single day.
Terms and Conditions